Ready for your next adventure?
Trusts & Foundations Officer – a fantastic opportunity to get into the charity sector
and raise funds to deliver our outstanding learning programme
in Hackney, Haringey and online.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity for someone to break into the charity sector and manage relationships with Trusts & Foundations. We have a high rate of success with Trusts and Foundations and a clear and compelling case for support, both of which help to make the role of Trusts & Foundations Officer rewarding and fulfilling. Supported by the Trusts Manager and Head of Fundraising, you will have the chance to learn lots and develop your skills.
Our team is warm, friendly and welcoming. We are all motivated by the charity’s aim of supporting children with fewer advantages to develop vital skills and succeed in school and beyond.
With a new organisational strategy aiming to more than double our reach, we need to increase vital funds and grow our T&F income from £500,000 to £750,000 per annum in the next three years.
Research & applications
- Working closely with the Head of Fundraising to identify priority areas for funding and write up project needs.
- Researching and identifying new potential supporters.
- Writing tailored applications to a wide range of trusts and foundations.
- Keeping track of key deadlines for applications.
- Providing excellent stewardship and nurturing relationships with existing T&F supporters including writing a regular newsletter, hosting visits and running events.
- Keeping track of key dates and reporting to funders about the impact of their grants.
- General administration of grants.
- Using Salesforce daily to keep track of the pipeline, support stewardship and report on income and forecasting.
- Responding to emails.
- Processing online giving reports.
- Undertaking administrative tasks that benefit the entire fundraising team.
- Contributing to special campaigns and projects within the wider fundraising function.
- Contributing to the overall fundraising plans and strategy.
We are looking for someone who wants to get into the charity sector and has great writing skills. You will enjoy carrying out researching, and like the sound of generating vital income and building relationships. You will have ideas and see them through. You will be motivated by our mission to address educational inequality and make a difference in local communities. Working in a supportive environment, you will be confident in managing your own time to be efficient and effective. We value your ideas and thoughts and want to hear them.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Great writing skills.
- An interest in working in fundraising.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work in a planned manner to KPIs.
- Solid research skills.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce database or similar CRM.
- Working knowledge of the charity, education or arts sectors.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong identification with our mission and beliefs.
- Energy, drive and a positive attitude.
- Open minded and inclusive attitude.
- Team player, able to work to a common goal.
- Confidence in building relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver work to a high professional standard.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Highly organised and efficient at managing own time and workload.
- Flexibility to turn your hand to different tasks and activities as needed.
- Competency in IT.
Salary: £20,000-24,000 dependant on experience
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent subject to 3-month probation period.
Hours: 35 hours per week, flexible – normal office hours are 11am to 7pm.
Location: Hackney, Haringey and potentially some home working.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed as soon as received
Start date: as soon as possible
Like all roles at The Literacy Pirates, the successful candidate will complete DBS and a three-month probationary period before the confirmation of the appointment.
Receive updates about future vacancies, sign up to our newsletter.