CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS OFFICER
Ready for your next adventure?
Corporate Partnerships Officer
We are looking for a new Corporate Partnerships Officer to join our successful fundraising team.
About the role
This is an early career opportunity for someone looking to break into the charity sector or build on entry level experience in fundraising or a similar role. The role is really well supported by the Corporate Partnerships Manager and you will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and experience.
Why work in Literacy Pirates fundraising team?
We are a well-established charity based in Hackney, Haringey and online. We work to the ethos of ‘rigour and joy’ and that runs through our staff team as well as our delivery programmes. The entire crew is motivated by our mission to support children with fewer opportunities to develop vital skills and succeed in school and beyond. And we have fun doing it! Our fundraising team consists of this role plus 4 other people: Director of Fundraising, Trusts and Foundations Manager and Officer and the Corporate Partnerships Manager. We have a ambitious targets and pride ourselves on building strong relationships with our funders and partners. We work collaboratively and love to share ideas for success.
Our corporate partnerships programme is 4 years old and makes up approx. 20% of our income. There is lots of opportunity to grow support from this sector and make a real difference in the charity. We have a clear and compelling case for support and volunteering opportunities available, which really help to engage corporate supporters. This is a really great role for someone looking to learn and grow as a fundraiser!
- Providing account management for a pool of corporate partners.
- Providing our corporate partners with regular updates including writing a newsletter.
- Ensuring our corporate partners feel appreciated with tailored communications, nurturing relationships with phonecalls and hosting visits.
- Coming up with innovative ideas for engaging corporate partners’ employees, delivering Lunch & Learn sessions at their offices and hosting visits to our ships.
- Organising volunteering days for corporate partners.
- Keeping track of key activities and reporting to partners about the impact of their support.
- Supporting the Corporate Partnerships Manager to create new partnerships by undertaking research into potential partners.
- Making approaches to select organisations.
- Writing tailored proposals and grant applications to corporate foundations.
- Using MS Teams to manage work and communicate with the team.
- Using Salesforce daily to ensure we track all communications and keep supporter records up to date.
- Responding to emails.
- Processing online giving reports.
- Managing projects within the Community Fundraising programme e.g. Team Literacy Pirates in Hackney Half Marathon.
- Contributing to special campaigns and projects within the wider fundraising function.
You will be someone who:
- Works well with people from different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Is interested in fundraising.
- Is relationship focused, enjoys meeting new people in a variety of situations and isn’t afraid to pick up the phone.
- Has the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Has a positive, can-do mindset.
- Is able to manage your time well and prioritise tasks, with support from your manager.
- Enjoys writing.
- Believes that all children should have the opportunity to succeed at school and beyond.
Salary: £24,000 (includes London Weighting)
Contract type: Full time (35hrs per week)
Venue: Dalston, Hackney with option to work from home up to two days per week
Deadline: midnight Sunday 12 November
Interviews: during w.c. 20 November
- Lots of opportunity to learn, grow and progress
- 23 annual leave days, plus between Christmas and New Year, and increased allowance with service
- Pension contributions
- Flexible working opportunities
- Supportive parenting arrangements
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Get to work in a Pirate Ship!
The interviews will be held at our Hackney office. If you need to take annual leave we are happy to compensate you for your time.
Successful candidates will be called for a final interview with a few of our Young Pirates.
Like all roles at The Literacy Pirates, the successful candidate will complete DBS and a three-month probationary period before the confirmation of the appointment.
Receive updates about future vacancies, sign up to our newsletter.