Ready for your next adventure?
We have plans to radically increase the number of children we work with. So over the next few months we need to recruit new members of our team to work directly with the children, recruit more volunteers and secure new support and funds.
This is an exciting time to join the Literacy Pirates. As we grow, you can grow with us. We are a small charity (under £1m turnover) with a high performing team. We have doubled in size in the last three years and plan to double in size again in the next three.
After a year of disrupted schooling, there are many more children who have fallen behind so the demand for our work is even greater. Luckily, our ambitious team is ready to meet that demand and we are looking for outstanding people to join us.
Right now, we are looking to fill the following roles. Could this be you?
Volunteers – No prior experience or preparation is needed, just an easy manner and passion for what we do. You will receive training and be working with a qualified teacher in every session. You will join our community of 500 plus volunteers. Learn more…
Everyone at Literacy Pirates has:
- A strong, visible passion for what we do
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and beliefs
- A passion for helping children to thrive and enjoys speaking and working with children
- The ability to foster and promote a collaborative environment
- The desire to be self-reflective, learn from their mistakes and look to continually improve
- Looks good in a pirate hat!
We are a small, ambitious team. There aren’t many resources
but we work hard to develop everyone’s skills,
create a nurturing and trusting environment,
and always put the children first.